How to Edit My Username On Facebook

Lots of people developed a Facebook account regarding a years earlier when it appeared onto the social media sites scene.

For me, that was my fresher year of high school. Against my parents' dreams, I had actually gotten on Myspace for regarding a year or two (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began testing Myspace as the social media network to be on, I didn't wish to miss out on the action.

So I quickly produced an account while my moms and dads were asleep one evening.

As you can picture, freshman-year Holly was not my finest self. Immature, unconfident, and a little unusual, I developed a username that was great for me at the time. Not so fantastic currently as a young expert.

If you resemble me and created a Facebook at a relatively young age, you're possibly in the same boat. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be transformed.

How To Edit My Username On Facebook



The important things is, your username does not show up huge on your profile or anything. Fortunately. But it does look like part of your Facebook web page URL. That by itself makes it beneficial to transform to something more appropriate.

The good news is, it's rather basic! Follow along and I'll reveal you just how.

Step 1: Visit to Facebook.

Log in to your Facebook account. This is the e-mail that you utilized to produce your account and your Facebook password. If you likewise created your Facebook page a years ago, you may utilize a now-defunct email to sign in. I understand I do. There's an easy way to update that while altering your LINK, which I'll get into later.

Step 2: Browse to Settings.

When you successfully log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Images of your pals' interactions as well as infants and intoxicated nights out will certainly occupy your screen. Possibly you'll even detect some new Facebook 3D photos.

Aim to the top of the web page where the blue banner is. To the very right, you'll see a little arrowhead directing down. Click on that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click on Setups, which is 2nd from all-time low.

Change Facebook Username


Step 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings page that you're currently on, consider the 2nd choice from the top. It's your username! Click on the pencil icon to the right of it to change your username and URL.

Now that there are 2.23 billion regular monthly active Facebook customers around, it could be challenging to find up with a special username. Facebook will allow you recognize if the username is offered or not when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username


When you find an available username, click Save.

Now you have a new Facebook username and Facebook URL!

Keep in mind: As I discussed above, if you are making use of an out-of-date e-mail, this is additionally the place you can alter that! Directly below username is a field called Get in touch with, where you can update your e-mail address to whatever you currently use.

Tip 4: Examine Facebook URL.

To inspect that your modifications have actually saved, navigate to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name located in the top right edge.

Once on your account, consider the URL. It ought to be your brand-new one!

Enjoy your new Facebook username.

Currently you no longer have to live under whatever label your high-school-self produced. Your username and also LINK reflect you as the individual you are currently!