Facebook Notifications Not Loading

If you're having troubles with your Facebook notices lately, i.e. obtaining updates and also groups from individuals you do not recognize, after that you're not the only one-- lots of people started grumbling about it considering that last Sunday, June 19. Fortunately, I've discovered a solution to it. Details after the jump.

Facebook Notifications Not Loading



Facebook Notifications Problem


I was doing my common morning regimen last Sunday (June 19) when I found something strange about my Facebook account: I'm obtaining alerts from individuals I do not know. Much more particularly, I'm obtaining 'likes' and remarks from status updates and also web links that I didn't upload, as well as updates from groups I did not join.

The Solution

This obtained me to considering my Facebook setups, as well as caught the option equally as I was surfing mine: it's a problem with how my Account Safety was established. * headpalm *.

I rapidly uploaded a service to my Posterous and currently I'm duplicating it right here for all to see (with [edits]:

1. Go to Account Setup >> Account Activity.

2. From the Account Activity section, you'll locate that the different computers as well as places that are currently accessing your FB account. [You can see this from the tab 'Likewise Active'. It should be showing areas and gadgets that you are not familiar with.]
3. End each of the sessions [on 'Likewise Active'] by clicking on the 'End' [button]

4. After that make certain to inspect 'Secure Browsing' (so you'll be on HTTPS, a lot more secure) and also 'Login Notifications' (so you'll be notified if another person is logging on your account.) [Simply stated, examining these alternatives will certainly make accessing your Facebook account much more protected.]
5. After complying with these steps, you should get this:.

Facebook Notifications Problem


Make certain to alter your passwords after. Note additionally that with these settings, you need to guarantee each and every tool that will certainly access your account. That shows up in a screen when you attempt to access your account via your mobile devices.

Last Ideas.

[Upgraded June 29, 2011] I understand there are still enigmas to be fixed but the offender below actually is, well, my laziness: I should have examined those security setups before. With all the current goings-on about hacking and also such, I must have double-checked my accounts so that I could the very least secure them from intrusion. I actually don't know for sure it this was associated with that, however at the very least I might rest simple that I've found a solution for it.