How to Change My Username On Facebook

Lots of people developed a Facebook account concerning a years ago when it appeared onto the social media sites scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of high school. Against my parents' dreams, I had been on Myspace for regarding a year or so (Mom and Dad if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began testing Myspace as the social networks network to be on, I really did not intend to lose out on the action.

So I quickly developed an account while my parents were asleep one evening.

As you can think of, freshman-year Holly was not my best self. Immature, troubled, as well as a little strange, I produced a username that was terrific for me at the time. Not so great now as a young expert.

If you're like me and also produced a Facebook at a relatively young age, you're most likely in the exact same watercraft. Never ever be afraid, your Facebook username can be altered.

How To Change My Username On Facebook



Things is, your username doesn't turn up big on your account or anything. The good news is. However it does appear as part of your Facebook web page LINK. That in itself makes it beneficial to transform to something better suited.

The good news is, it's rather simple! Adhere to along and also I'll reveal you just how.

Action 1: Log in to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the e-mail that you utilized to produce your account and also your Facebook password. If you additionally developed your Facebook page a years back, you may utilize a now-defunct e-mail to sign in. I understand I do. There's a very easy way to update that while transforming your LINK, which I'll get into later.

Step 2: Navigate to Setups.

When you effectively log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Pictures of your pals' engagements and also babies and inebriated nights out will certainly occupy your screen. Perhaps you'll also detect some brand-new Facebook 3D pictures.

Want to the top of the web page where heaven banner is. To the really right, you'll see a tiny arrowhead pointing down. Click that to open up the drop-down menu. From there, click Setups, which is second from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Setups page that you're currently on, check out the 2nd option from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil icon to the right of it to transform your username as well as LINK.

Since there are 2.23 billion monthly active Facebook users available, it might be challenging to find up with a special username. Facebook will allow you understand if the username is available or otherwise when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username



As soon as you discover a readily available username, click Save.

Now you have a new Facebook username and Facebook LINK!

Keep in mind: As I discussed above, if you are using an obsolete email, this is likewise the area you can transform that! Straight below username is an area called Contact, where you can upgrade your e-mail address to whatever you presently make use of.

Step 4: Examine Facebook URL.

To examine that your modifications have actually conserved, navigate to your Facebook account. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the leading right corner.

Once on your profile, check out the LINK. It should be your brand-new one!

Enjoy your brand-new Facebook username.

Currently you no more have to live under whatever tag your high-school-self developed. Your username and URL show you as the individual you are now!