Push Notifications Facebook Not Working

If you're having troubles with your Facebook alerts recently, i.e. getting updates and also teams from individuals you don't understand, then you're not alone-- lots of individuals began whining concerning it because last Sunday, June 19. The good news is, I have actually found an option to it. Information after the jump.

Push Notifications Facebook Not Working



Facebook Notifications Problem


I was doing my common morning routine last Sunday (June 19) when I located something strange about my Facebook account: I'm getting notifications from people I don't understand. Much more particularly, I'm obtaining 'suches as' as well as comments from condition updates and links that I really did not post, and also updates from groups I did not sign up with.

The Solution

This got me to thinking about my Facebook setups, as well as caught the option equally as I was surfing mine: it's an issue with exactly how my Account Security was set up. * headpalm *.

I promptly posted a remedy to my Posterous and currently I'm replicating it below for all to see (with [edits]:

1. Go to Account Setup >> Account Task.

2. From the Account Activity area, you'll locate that the different computers and areas that are currently accessing your FB account. [You can see this from the tab 'Also Active'. It needs to be showing locations as well as devices that you are not aware of.]
3. End each of the sessions [on 'Additionally Energetic'] by clicking on the 'End' [button]

4. After that make certain to examine 'Secure Surfing' (so you'll get on HTTPS, a lot more safe) as well as 'Login Notifications' (so you'll be informed if somebody else is visiting your account.) [Merely stated, examining these choices will certainly make accessing your Facebook account much more safe and secure.]
5. After complying with these actions, you need to get this:.

Facebook Notifications Problem


Make sure to transform your passwords after. Keep in mind likewise that with these setups, you have to guarantee every device that will certainly access your account. That shows up in a screen when you attempt to access your account through your mobile phones.

Final Thoughts.

[Upgraded June 29, 2011] I understand there are still secrets to be fixed yet the culprit below truly is, well, my laziness: I ought to have checked those security setups before. With all the existing goings-on about hacking and also such, I should have double-checked my accounts to make sure that I might least protect them from intrusion. I actually don't recognize without a doubt it this was related with that said, yet a minimum of I might relax simple that I've thrown down the gauntlet.