Not Getting Facebook Notifications

If you're having troubles with your Facebook notifications recently, i.e. getting updates and also teams from people you don't understand, then you're not alone-- lots of people began whining regarding it since last Sunday, June 19. Fortunately, I've located a solution to it. Information after the dive.

Not Getting Facebook Notifications



Facebook Notifications Problem


I was doing my usual early morning regimen last Sunday (June 19) when I discovered something strange concerning my Facebook account: I'm obtaining notices from individuals I don't understand. A lot more particularly, I'm getting 'likes' and also comments from status updates and also links that I didn't publish, and also updates from teams I did not sign up with.

The Solution

This got me to considering my Facebook settings, as well as caught the solution just as I was searching mine: it's a problem with just how my Account Protection was set up. * headpalm *.

I swiftly posted a solution to my Posterous and currently I'm copying it below for all to see (with [modifies]:

1. Go to Account Setup >> Account Task.

2. From the Account Activity area, you'll locate that the different computer systems as well as areas that are presently accessing your FB account. [You can see this from the tab 'Likewise Active'. It needs to be showing places and also gadgets that you are not acquainted with.]
3. End each of the sessions [on 'Additionally Active'] by clicking the 'End' [switch]

4. Afterwards make certain to examine 'Secure Searching' (so you'll get on HTTPS, a lot more safe) and 'Login Notifications' (so you'll be informed if somebody else is going to your account.) [Merely said, checking these options will make accessing your Facebook account extra safe and secure.]
5. After following these actions, you should get this:.

Facebook Notifications Problem


Be sure to transform your passwords after. Note additionally that with these settings, you need to attest each and every device that will certainly access your account. That shows up in a display when you try to access your account via your mobile phones.

Final Ideas.

[Upgraded June 29, 2011] I understand there are still mysteries to be fixed but the culprit right here really is, well, my laziness: I need to have inspected those security setups prior to. With all the existing goings-on about hacking and such, I should have double-checked my accounts so that I could least protect them from breach. I actually do not recognize for sure it this was associated keeping that, but at the very least I can rest very easy that I've found a solution for it.