Why Am I Not Getting Notifications On Facebook

If you're having problems with your Facebook notifications recently, i.e. getting updates and also teams from individuals you don't understand, then you're not the only one-- great deals of people started whining regarding it since last Sunday, June 19. Luckily, I have actually found a remedy to it. Information after the jump.

Why Am I Not Getting Notifications On Facebook



Facebook Notifications Problem


I was doing my normal morning regimen last Sunday (June 19) when I located something strange concerning my Facebook account: I'm getting notices from people I don't understand. Much more particularly, I'm getting 'suches as' as well as remarks from status updates and links that I didn't publish, and updates from teams I did not sign up with.

The Solution

This obtained me to thinking about my Facebook setups, as well as hit upon the service equally as I was browsing mine: it's a trouble with just how my Account Protection was established. * headpalm *.

I quickly uploaded a remedy to my Posterous as well as now I'm replicating it right here for all to see (with [edits]:

1. Go to Account Settings >> Account Activity.

2. From the Account Task area, you'll find that the various computers as well as places that are currently accessing your FB account. [You can see this from the tab 'Likewise Energetic'. It should be revealing places and also gadgets that you are not knowledgeable about.]
3. End each of the sessions [on 'Likewise Energetic'] by clicking the 'End' [button]

4. Afterwards make certain to examine 'Secure Surfing' (so you'll get on HTTPS, far more secure) and also 'Login Notifications' (so you'll be informed if someone else is browsing through your account.) [Merely claimed, examining these options will certainly make accessing your Facebook account much more protected.]
5. After adhering to these actions, you should get this:.

Facebook Notifications Problem


Make certain to transform your passwords after. Keep in mind likewise that with these setups, you need to attest every single gadget that will certainly access your account. That turns up in a display when you try to access your account through your smart phones.

Last Ideas.

[Updated June 29, 2011] I recognize there are still enigmas to be fixed but the perpetrator right here really is, well, my laziness: I should have inspected those safety and security setups prior to. With all the current goings-on concerning hacking and such, I must have double-checked my accounts so that I might the very least safeguard them from breach. I actually don't recognize for sure it this was related with that said, but a minimum of I could rest easy that I've thrown down the gauntlet.