How Do I Change My Facebook User Name

Many individuals developed a Facebook account regarding a years back when it appeared onto the social media scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of senior high school. Versus my moms and dads' wishes, I had actually gotten on Myspace for concerning a year approximately (Mom and Dad if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began testing Myspace as the social media network to be on, I really did not want to miss out on the activity.

So I rapidly developed an account while my parents were asleep one night.

As you can think of, freshman-year Holly was not my finest self. Premature, unconfident, as well as a little strange, I created a username that was great for me at the time. Not so fantastic now as a young professional.

If you resemble me as well as created a Facebook at a relatively young age, you're most likely in the same boat. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be changed.

How Do I Change My Facebook User Name



The thing is, your username does not appear large on your profile or anything. The good news is. However it does appear as part of your Facebook page LINK. That in itself makes it worthwhile to change to something better.

Luckily, it's rather simple! Adhere to along and also I'll reveal you just how.

Step 1: Visit to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the e-mail that you used to develop your account and also your Facebook password. If you also created your Facebook page a decade back, you might utilize a now-defunct email to check in. I understand I do. There's an easy method to update that while transforming your URL, which I'll enter into later on.

Action 2: Navigate to Settings.

When you successfully visit, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Images of your pals' interactions as well as children and intoxicated nights out will populate your screen. Possibly you'll even find some new Facebook 3D images.

Look to the top of the web page where heaven banner is. To the really right, you'll see a small arrow aiming down. Click on that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click on Settings, which is second from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Step 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings web page that you're currently on, look at the second choice from the top. It's your username! Click on the pencil symbol to the right of it to alter your username and also URL.

Since there are 2.23 billion monthly energetic Facebook customers out there, it may be difficult to come up with a distinct username. Facebook will certainly allow you recognize if the username is available or not when you type it in.

Change Facebook Username



Once you locate a readily available username, click Save.

Currently you have a brand-new Facebook username and Facebook LINK!

Note: As I discussed above, if you are utilizing an out-of-date email, this is also the location you can alter that! Straight below username is a field called Call, where you can update your e-mail address to whatever you presently make use of.

Tip 4: Inspect Facebook URL.

To inspect that your adjustments have conserved, navigate to your Facebook account. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the leading right edge.

As soon as on your account, take a look at the URL. It should be your brand-new one!

Enjoy your new Facebook username.

Now you no longer need to live under whatever label your high-school-self created. Your username as well as LINK show you as the person you are now!