How to Not Get Email Notifications From Facebook

If you're having problems with your Facebook alerts recently, i.e. getting updates and also teams from individuals you do not recognize, after that you're not alone-- lots of individuals started whining regarding it because last Sunday, June 19. Luckily, I've found a service to it. Information after the jump.

How To Not Get Email Notifications From Facebook



Facebook Notifications Problem


I was doing my normal early morning routine last Sunday (June 19) when I found something unusual about my Facebook account: I'm obtaining notices from individuals I do not understand. Much more specifically, I'm getting 'suches as' and comments from status updates as well as web links that I really did not publish, and updates from teams I did not join.

The Solution

This got me to thinking about my Facebook setups, and also caught the option equally as I was browsing mine: it's a problem with just how my Account Safety and security was set up. * headpalm *.

I rapidly posted a solution to my Posterous and also currently I'm copying it right here for all to see (with [modifies]:

1. Most Likely To Account Settings >> Account Task.

2. From the Account Activity section, you'll locate that the various computers and locations that are presently accessing your FB account. [You can see this from the tab 'Additionally Energetic'. It needs to be showing places and tools that you are not acquainted with.]
3. End each of the sessions [on 'Additionally Energetic'] by clicking the 'End' [button]

4. After that make certain to inspect 'Secure Surfing' (so you'll be on HTTPS, a lot more safe and secure) and also 'Login Notifications' (so you'll be alerted if another person is going to your account.) [Simply stated, inspecting these alternatives will certainly make accessing your Facebook account extra secure.]
5. After following these steps, you should get this:.

Facebook Notifications Problem


Be sure to alter your passwords after. Note likewise that with these setups, you need to attest each and every device that will access your account. That turns up in a display when you try to access your account with your mobile devices.

Last Ideas.

[Upgraded June 29, 2011] I know there are still mysteries to be resolved yet the offender below truly is, well, my idleness: I should have inspected those security setups before. With all the present goings-on regarding hacking and also such, I should have double-checked my accounts to make sure that I might least secure them from intrusion. I really do not understand without a doubt it this was associated with that said, but at the very least I might relax simple that I've done something about it.