Not Receiving Email Notifications From Facebook

If you're having issues with your Facebook notices lately, i.e. getting updates and also teams from individuals you do not know, then you're not the only one-- lots of people started whining concerning it given that last Sunday, June 19. Fortunately, I have actually found a service to it. Information after the jump.

Not Receiving Email Notifications From Facebook



Facebook Notifications Problem


I was doing my typical morning regimen last Sunday (June 19) when I found something weird about my Facebook account: I'm getting notifications from people I do not know. More particularly, I'm getting 'likes' and comments from condition updates and links that I didn't publish, as well as updates from teams I did not sign up with.

The Solution

This obtained me to considering my Facebook setups, as well as caught the service just as I was browsing mine: it's a problem with how my Account Security was established. * headpalm *.

I promptly posted a service to my Posterous and now I'm duplicating it right here for all to see (with [modifies]:

1. Go to Account Settings >> Account Task.

2. From the Account Activity section, you'll discover that the various computers and also locations that are currently accessing your FB account. [You can see this from the tab 'Also Active'. It needs to be showing locations and also devices that you are not familiar with.]
3. End each of the sessions [on 'Additionally Energetic'] by clicking on the 'End' [button]

4. After that make certain to examine 'Secure Browsing' (so you'll get on HTTPS, much more protected) as well as 'Login Notifications' (so you'll be alerted if somebody else is browsing through your account.) [Simply said, examining these options will make accessing your Facebook account more protected.]
5. After complying with these steps, you should get this:.

Facebook Notifications Problem


Be sure to transform your passwords after. Note also that with these settings, you need to attest each and every tool that will certainly access your account. That turns up in a display when you attempt to access your account via your mobile phones.

Last Ideas.

[Updated June 29, 2011] I know there are still mysteries to be solved yet the wrongdoer right here actually is, well, my negligence: I ought to have inspected those safety settings prior to. With all the present goings-on concerning hacking and such, I need to have double-checked my accounts to ensure that I might the very least shield them from invasion. I really don't understand for certain it this was connected with that said, but a minimum of I could rest simple that I have actually done something about it.