Change My Username On Facebook

Many individuals developed a Facebook account concerning a years earlier when it erupted onto the social media sites scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of senior high school. Against my parents' desires, I had actually been on Myspace for concerning a year or so (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began challenging Myspace as the social media network to be on, I really did not want to lose out on the activity.

So I promptly produced an account while my moms and dads were asleep one evening.

As you can visualize, freshman-year Holly was not my best self. Premature, insecure, as well as a little weird, I created a username that was great for me at the time. Not so excellent now as a young professional.

If you resemble me and produced a Facebook at a fairly young age, you're possibly in the very same boat. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be changed.

Change My Username On Facebook



The thing is, your username does not appear huge on your profile or anything. Thankfully. But it does appear as part of your Facebook web page LINK. That in itself makes it rewarding to alter to something better suited.

The good news is, it's relatively straightforward! Comply with along and also I'll show you exactly how.

Action 1: Visit to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the email that you used to create your account as well as your Facebook password. If you likewise developed your Facebook web page a years earlier, you could make use of a now-defunct e-mail to check in. I know I do. There's an easy way to update that while changing your LINK, which I'll get involved in later.

Action 2: Browse to Setups.

When you efficiently log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Images of your close friends' engagements and also infants as well as intoxicated evenings out will certainly inhabit your screen. Maybe you'll even find some new Facebook 3D pictures.

Want to the top of the page where the blue banner is. To the extremely right, you'll see a tiny arrowhead aiming down. Click on that to open up the drop-down menu. From there, click Settings, which is 2nd from all-time low.

Change Facebook Username


Step 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Setups web page that you're currently on, consider the second option from the top. It's your username! Click on the pencil icon to the right of it to alter your username and URL.

Now that there are 2.23 billion monthly active Facebook customers out there, it may be difficult to come up with a special username. Facebook will certainly let you know if the username is readily available or not when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username


When you find an offered username, click Save.

Now you have a brand-new Facebook username and Facebook URL!

Keep in mind: As I mentioned above, if you are utilizing an outdated email, this is likewise the location you can alter that! Directly listed below username is a field called Contact, where you can update your e-mail address to whatever you currently utilize.

Step 4: Check Facebook URL.

To check that your changes have saved, navigate to your Facebook account. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the top right edge.

Once on your profile, look at the LINK. It must be your new one!

Appreciate your brand-new Facebook username.

Currently you no longer have to live under whatever tag your high-school-self developed. Your username and also URL show you as the individual you are now!