Facebook Notifications Not Working

If you're having problems with your Facebook alerts recently, i.e. obtaining updates and teams from individuals you don't understand, after that you're not the only one-- great deals of individuals started complaining regarding it since last Sunday, June 19. The good news is, I have actually discovered an option to it. Details after the dive.

Facebook Notifications Not Working



Facebook Notifications Problem


I was doing my typical early morning routine last Sunday (June 19) when I discovered something unusual concerning my Facebook account: I'm obtaining notices from people I don't recognize. Much more particularly, I'm obtaining 'likes' and also remarks from status updates as well as links that I didn't post, and also updates from teams I did not join.

The Solution

This obtained me to thinking about my Facebook setups, and hit upon the option equally as I was surfing mine: it's a trouble with exactly how my Account Security was established. * headpalm *.

I swiftly uploaded an option to my Posterous and also currently I'm replicating it here for all to see (with [modifies]:

1. Most Likely To Account Settings >> Account Activity.

2. From the Account Activity section, you'll locate that the different computers and also locations that are presently accessing your FB account. [You can see this from the tab 'Likewise Energetic'. It must be revealing areas as well as gadgets that you are not familiar with.]
3. End each of the sessions [on 'Likewise Energetic'] by clicking on the 'End' [switch]

4. Afterwards make sure to check 'Secure Browsing' (so you'll be on HTTPS, far more secure) and also 'Login Notifications' (so you'll be notified if another person is visiting your account.) [Just claimed, examining these options will make accessing your Facebook account extra protected.]
5. After adhering to these actions, you should get this:.

Facebook Notifications Problem


Make sure to transform your passwords after. Note also that with these setups, you have to vouch for each and every tool that will access your account. That shows up in a screen when you try to access your account with your mobile devices.

Last Ideas.

[Upgraded June 29, 2011] I know there are still mysteries to be solved however the culprit here really is, well, my negligence: I must have inspected those safety settings prior to. With all the present goings-on concerning hacking and also such, I ought to have double-checked my accounts to ensure that I can the very least shield them from invasion. I really do not know without a doubt it this was connected with that, however at least I can rest very easy that I've done something about it.