How Can I Change My Username On Facebook

Many people developed a Facebook account regarding a years ago when it erupted onto the social networks scene.

For me, that was my fresher year of high school. Against my parents' desires, I had gotten on Myspace for about a year approximately (Mother And Father if you read this-- sorry). When Facebook began testing Myspace as the social media network to be on, I really did not intend to lose out on the action.

So I quickly developed an account while my moms and dads were asleep one evening.

As you can imagine, freshman-year Holly was not my ideal self. Immature, troubled, as well as a little strange, I developed a username that was wonderful for me at the time. Not so fantastic currently as a young professional.

If you're like me and also created a Facebook at a relatively young age, you're probably in the very same boat. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be changed.

How Can I Change My Username On Facebook



Things is, your username doesn't turn up big on your profile or anything. Fortunately. But it does look like part of your Facebook page LINK. That by itself makes it worthwhile to change to something better suited.

The good news is, it's relatively simple! Comply with along and I'll show you how.

Step 1: Visit to Facebook.

Log in to your Facebook account. This is the e-mail that you used to develop your account and also your Facebook password. If you likewise produced your Facebook web page a years earlier, you could make use of a now-defunct email to check in. I understand I do. There's a very easy means to upgrade that while changing your LINK, which I'll enter into later.

Step 2: Browse to Setups.

When you efficiently log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Photos of your buddies' involvements as well as infants and also inebriated evenings out will populate your display. Perhaps you'll also spot some brand-new Facebook 3D pictures.

Want to the top of the web page where the blue banner is. To the extremely right, you'll see a small arrow aiming down. Click that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click Setups, which is 2nd from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Setups web page that you're now on, take a look at the second choice from the top. It's your username! Click on the pencil symbol to the right of it to transform your username and also LINK.

Now that there are 2.23 billion month-to-month energetic Facebook users available, it might be challenging to come up with a distinct username. Facebook will allow you understand if the username is readily available or not when you type it in.

Change Facebook Username


As soon as you find an available username, click Save.

Currently you have a brand-new Facebook username and Facebook URL!

Note: As I stated above, if you are utilizing an outdated email, this is also the location you can transform that! Directly below username is a field called Contact, where you can upgrade your email address to whatever you presently make use of.

Tip 4: Examine Facebook URL.

To examine that your adjustments have saved, browse to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name located in the top right edge.

Once on your account, check out the LINK. It ought to be your brand-new one!

Appreciate your new Facebook username.

Now you no more need to live under whatever label your high-school-self produced. Your username and also LINK reflect you as the individual you are currently!