How I Change My Facebook Username

Many people created a Facebook account regarding a decade back when it erupted onto the social networks scene.

For me, that was my fresher year of secondary school. Against my parents' wishes, I had actually gotten on Myspace for about a year or so (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began challenging Myspace as the social media sites network to be on, I really did not intend to miss out on the action.

So I swiftly created an account while my parents were asleep one night.

As you can envision, freshman-year Holly was not my finest self. Premature, troubled, and also a little strange, I produced a username that was wonderful for me at the time. Not so wonderful currently as a young professional.

If you're like me as well as produced a Facebook at a fairly young age, you're possibly in the very same watercraft. Never be afraid, your Facebook username can be altered.

How I Change My Facebook Username



The important things is, your username does not appear big on your profile or anything. Thankfully. However it does appear as part of your Facebook page URL. That in itself makes it worthwhile to change to something better suited.

Fortunately, it's relatively easy! Follow along and also I'll reveal you exactly how.

Step 1: Log in to Facebook.

Log in to your Facebook account. This is the email that you utilized to produce your account and your Facebook password. If you additionally created your Facebook page a decade ago, you may utilize a now-defunct email to check in. I recognize I do. There's an easy method to update that while changing your URL, which I'll enter into later on.

Step 2: Navigate to Settings.

When you successfully visit, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Pictures of your friends' engagements and also children as well as drunken nights out will certainly occupy your display. Maybe you'll even identify some new Facebook 3D pictures.

Want to the top of the web page where the blue banner is. To the really right, you'll see a small arrow pointing down. Click on that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click on Settings, which is 2nd from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Setups web page that you're now on, consider the second alternative from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil symbol to the right of it to alter your username as well as URL.

Since there are 2.23 billion month-to-month active Facebook individuals available, it may be challenging ahead up with a distinct username. Facebook will allow you understand if the username is available or not when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username


Once you discover an available username, click Save.

Currently you have a brand-new Facebook username and Facebook LINK!

Note: As I discussed above, if you are using an obsolete e-mail, this is additionally the area you can alter that! Directly below username is an area called Get in touch with, where you can update your email address to whatever you presently make use of.

Tip 4: Check Facebook LINK.

To examine that your adjustments have actually saved, navigate to your Facebook account. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the top right corner.

When on your profile, consider the LINK. It must be your new one!

Appreciate your brand-new Facebook username.

Currently you no longer need to live under whatever label your high-school-self produced. Your username and LINK reflect you as the person you are currently!